View Single Post
Old 06-30-2008, 06:19 AM   #25
Lakesrider

Thanked 1,016 Times in 345 Posts

I work a t a time share resort in Wolfeboro. I also noticed this year the complete lack of parked bikes on Main street. I couldn't believe it when on one of the "sun" moments this year that there was not one bike anywhere in the center or near the town docks.

I also disagree with the price of agass not affecting bikers. Many tow ther bikes up, and many come from great distances.
The turn out would much greater if the rally was held during the last two weeks of July and not rainy June. This has been mentioned many times before. But because many companies also close or have there slow downs during that time period, no one ever wanted to shut down the streets to the tourists, and vacationers.

But think of it this way. By this time next year...with gas prices going to $7-$8-$9 per gallon...every week is going to be bike...well bicycle....week, and you won't see as many people up here on vacation, there will be plenty of boat parking at the Naswa...Canoes that is..and lots of people will start moving back to the cities....The tax base will plummet and kids will be back walking to school, as the busses will be too expensive to run.....So, Bike week will be a distant memory in a few years time.
Lakesrider is offline   Reply With Quote