View Single Post
Old 06-24-2008, 08:59 AM   #15
VitaBene

Thanked 1,608 Times in 823 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc View Post
That's why I gave up on it, just boredom.
That is certainly a factor for me- not much has changed, but I have. So we go for great rides but with few exceptions don't go to the Weirs or surrounding much. I was there for 1st weekend, worked Mon and Tuesday and did the rest of bikeweek from my house in Moultonborough (running the gauntlet!!)

Also as was noted above, bike week has spread out from the Weirs and has become a more statewide event. Conway, Meredith HD, etc never had much going on in the past at bike week, now they are destinations. I remember sitting in 2-3 hours of traffic to get from B. Maes to the Weirs on a friday or sat night.

It was kind of nice getting a parking spot Sat at 7 at the Naswa and then easily riding to the Spoke at 8 (also parked right outside the gate), but I am concerned that the event is losing steam and there will be pressure to shorten it.

The PD presence is overwhelming- I am not looking for it to be lawless, but if people don't think they can have a little fun without a hassle, they will vote with their feet!
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote