View Single Post
Old 06-04-2009, 02:46 PM   #90
VtSteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acres per Second View Post

So you wrote on the 27th—but on the previous day, you state this:

Was there a memo involved here?

Write non sequiturs much?

Real estate references are everywhere on these pages: Lake Winnipesaukee's edges have evolved into a decidedly residential, even suburban, environment.

The days of open exhaust are gone: Every season, discussions of boat damage to lakefront properties are raised.

Lake Norman, mentioned here this week, once had a boat run out of the lake to hit a truck on the Interstate!

We have a member here who not only knows Donzi/Donzi-supporters on this lake, he has ample "street creds". Thank you, but I'll await a comprehensive report from Woodsy on this.

1) After all, I very well could have witnessed "history in the making".

2) "Flank" means all-out: "Velocity" and "rapidity" are word-substitutes for s***d—which, I think you'll agree—is to be avoided in these times.

3) Maybe you haven't observed "The NHMP Inboards of Antiquity". The one described had its engines screaming: even then, I doubt it broke 35.

I was trying to think back, Waaaaay back to the old days, when the MP had Century Ravens, the old wood ones. I beieve they got some updates when they bought some Century fiberglass boats. I'm sure they could do at least 40's in those beasts, but they didn't look comfortable at all.

The entire viewing of this "chase" (such as it was, for the MPs) took place within 1½ miles of my stationary position.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acres per Second View Post
1) I'm not sure what you mean, but some of us use "parsing" to keep unrelated, excessive, verbiage out.

2) If you meant controversy, it's what brings viewers (and advertisers) to forums in the first place. The word "controversy" even appeared in Tuesday's fishing-poles discussion!

http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/...11&postcount=6

3) Don has put together a very sophisticated site for us: If this site doesn't load, it's only then that I check on one other (an even more sophisticated site) to check on blips within the Internet or server operability.

4) One example of this sophistication is a small box at the lower right corner of our posts here. You can click on several posts for your response, then click "quote" to answer all at once in a single post. (Just as I have done with today's response).

Most forums don't have this capability (including this country's largest forum), which has the advantage of keeping posters from "serial posts". (Answering one person in a single post, then another in the following post, then a third in the following post—and so on).

(You might know those posters by a much-less-than-complimentary term that can't be mentioned at family-friendly sites).

Although you have been extended a honeymoon-moratorium on a recent restriction—a maximum of five-posts-per-day here—"parsing" allows more information using fewer posts.

...and...

Hopefully, OCD can work out the Logic and does know.

Isn't this a bit premature? NOBODY (that we know of) has shown us a 2009 citation yet and we don't know what is written on it yet.

Officers' appearances are scheduled to combine different court appearances by the officer during the same workday. Depending on the officer's activities, that day could include an array of a citations.

I think you're thinking of your civil court experiences where delays are the general rule. You might consider a "hardship" delay for traffic court—especially if from out of state.

You have no idea just how close you were with that.

Shoot a PM to member Skip.

I tried this multi quote thing out. I obviously need much more practice, but every time, it says my post is too short. Frankly, I got lost while doing it and forgot what the heck I was looking at.

I know two things as a past lakefront guy that worried me.

1) Cruiser wakes
2) boats plowing at lower than plane speed.

I never worried about angry waves at high velocity. Most of the time fast boats went by their waves were barely high enough to call them bumps.