Thread: ABCC On Fire
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 05:07 PM   #92
Ropetow

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj2nh View Post
This is in response to Ropetow's comments about the tax question. This isn't petty. Requiring those poor people who lost their homes and have nothing left to pay taxes on is adding insult to this terrible injury. I don't think Fatlazyless (love that name!) meant what you think he did.

It is relevant and, I suspect, you didn't realize what you were saying. I don't usually make comments like this and will probably get plenty in response, but I couldn't let it pass. Can you imagine getting a tax bill for a home that doesn't exist anymore? It would start the mourning all over again. If it were me, I would think that the town/state/whoever was cruel and heartless even if it is required by law.

nj2nh
I meant exactly what I said. FLL has a knack for turning anything and everything into a property tax beef. And he's an expert at 'stirring the pot'. Me, my heart went out and goes out to the folks who lost their summer homes, belongings and are left with nothing but treasured memories. Not to mention the brave souls that fought the fire and likely saved a good part of the town. Where's the speculation on how seeing such destruction affected them? Is the tax situation an issue? Sure is...for those involved. Idle speculation regarding a tragedy's aftermath that doesn't affect the poster is just that....idle (and in this instance, I say inappropriate) speculation.
Ropetow is offline   Reply With Quote