Thread: Hb 224
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2009, 11:41 AM   #65
KonaChick

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole View Post
[/B]

KonaChick-you are famous!

The front page of The Citizen has an article about HB224 and they have your quote and they mention other discussions on this thread as well!
http://www.citizen.com/apps/pbcs.dll...893/-1/CITIZEN

On winnipesaukee.com, one writer mused about being on her dock this year and selling red swim caps for $50 a piece. Several other writers opined that lawmakers should be spending their time on said economic crisis while one asked whether violators would be listed in The Citizen police blotter and have their court proceedings reported upon.

There was also a post from a writer who said that he has witnessed watercraft violate the proximity restrictions to the shore and other boats but he, too, expressed concerns about enforceability, noting, however, that there were other laws on the books with dubious enforceability.
For an extra ten bucks I will include an autograph on your red swim cap!! So the truth comes out, Gottling lives on Lake Sunapee and apparently swimmers can be found swimming at a certain spot where boats come up to full speed. Why not use your energies to make that part of Lake Sunapee a "No Wake Zone" if it's such a huge problem?? Solve the problems in your own house before you stick your nose into mine. Perhaps pay more attention while you're boating! Because you have some issues with a spot on Lake Sunappee I now have to change my habits and lifestyle?? I know I'm stretching here but come on folks, like I said before when will this nonsense end? I will not get into a political debate (although I'd like to). It's just sillliness to spend time and energy on these totally inane, unenforcable laws. It's almost like it's going back to Puritan times. Have you ever seen some of the laws written back then? Stay tuned folks with the house and senate in it's current "state" this is just the beginning (oops, I said I would not get into a political debate).
KonaChick is offline   Reply With Quote