Thread: Braun Bay ???
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2009, 09:02 AM   #16
OCDACTIVE

Good conversation and good opinions here. I am not going to go down the road of Marine Patrol bashing, rights being stomped on, etc. I have had many good dealings with marine patrol as well. This time around there were four officers. 3 of which were very professional and informative. One however was very very rude and unprofessional. I honestly have never seen anything like it. Unprovoked as well.

The picture does show that "everyone" was apparently in violation from the 25 foot law someone said? They told us 50?? Maybe someone could clairify? Also no one has addressed the initial question of: If I am there first and someone anchors closer then 25 or 50 feet who is to blame? Do I raise anchor and have to leave.?

Also, the question of a No Rafting zone. I asked the marine patrol officers about this because if you look at the chart it appears the whole left side of the bay is no rafting. If you have been in there in the past two years there are bouys set up approx. 50 feet off the shoreline. They said the bouys towards shore is the NRZ. I was told you are legally allowed to be there from the bouys out.

Now I am not trying to get people going with "the law is this or that". I am just saying what I heard. It also seems to make sense. Otherwise why would they have put the bouys "markers" there in the first place?