Thread: Braun Bay ???
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2009, 04:17 PM   #10
Mee-n-Mac

Wink Fill in the Witches - redux

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunt View Post
I have always wondered how, legally, a place can be defined as " No Rafting". Is'nt one of our constitutional rights "fredom to assemble"? Why, because we are in a boat, can we be prevented to assemble?
Strictly speaking you aren't be prevented from "assembling", you're just having to do it over a bigger space and further from shore in a NRZ. The problem comes in that the lake is more developed and more used (by boaters) than it used to be. So there's going to be conflict between the shore dwellers and the rafters. The "compromise" is to split up the big party and move it further off shore. Like OCD said, I suspect it wont get any better as time goes by and population and boater densities increase (if that's even possible). There was even a bill to make the whole lake a NRZ ... which I think is excessive. We boaters should have gotten together and bought Timber I when it was up for sale. LRCT could have preserved the land and boaters could have made the shoreline a DRZ. Or we could fill in the Witches and ring it with mooring buoys ....