View Single Post
Old 11-14-2008, 07:56 AM   #74
ApS

Red face FLL, Even OLDER Cars Here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
"...Over at Heath's in Center Harbor, there's a late model BMW suv with {a NH vanity plate}. No clue here who owns that one either? It must be nice...poor me....a '99 Ford Contour...!"
I've got an even older vehicle—a little '95 Japanese pickup truck which has required only a generator, brakes, tires, and wipers in its long life: it does all the heavy lifting for this family.

But my vehicles get even older: my BMW is a heavily modified '91 M318is. Photos and the rest on this BMW-for-the-street-and-track, I'll put in the blog area later.

My oldest vehicle is a '71 VW camper—also "souped-up" with HD swaybars, oil coolers, Koni shocks, and a modified engine.

The original two steel ignition keys—and a few brass ones—have worn out. Three ignition switches also eventually worn through. But it's seen nearly 400,000 miles, towed boats, trailers and cars, and carried me through 40 states. (So I'm attached to it still).

Oh yeah...two speedometers worn out, too How many drivers own their car for so many miles that they're on their third speedometer?

Below, the Florida BMW (in "street" mode), with an unaccustomed cover of Winnipesaukee-region snow.
Attached Images