View Single Post
Old 11-03-2008, 05:32 PM   #60
Misty Blue

Default Bearing Arms...

M/V Welcome. You have opened a debate that gotten the mental wheels turning.

You mentioned that when the second admendment (from the "bill of rights") was written when the common weapons were flintlock round ball rifles and pistols. As you said, 4 rounds per minute and 100 yds. max. I suggest that our founding fathers used the word "ARMS" rather than "GUNS" because they realized that weapons would change.

Had the constitution been written two hundred years ealier, arms to them might have ment swords. Had they written it two hundred years later they would possibly have assumed automatic weapons. I believe that they asumed that the word ARMS would maintain currency within the ammendment.

The Constitution of the United States and it's creators facinate me. Their forethought was outstanding.

When I raised my hand all those many years ago the oath that I took was to defend the Constitution from all enemys, Forign and Domestic.

NEW THOUGHT!

Lake Snake...

The Winnipesaukee Sportsman's Club is a great little Rod and Gun in Moultonborough. It is on Rt.109 right by Suissvalle near the intersection of Rt. 117.

It is a 25' 50' 75 and 100 yard range with a covered shooting building. They have a Trap range and bow stand range as well.

We are currently building a new clubhouse.

The dues are $50 per year (cheap) and the people are friendly.

If you are interested call me 455-7178. Eventhough they are activly looking for new members you must be sponsored. I'd be glad to help.

Misty Blue.
Misty Blue is offline   Reply With Quote