Thread: MP - Seriously?
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2008, 12:45 PM   #64
chipj29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
Then I guess we'll leave it that your interpretation of the NHMP Mission statement and mine are different!

Safe to me would include notification of dangerous situations, be it weather related or other, when I am on my boat in NH.

We all know that checking the weather before you go out for the day is critical and good boating practice, but as anyone who has ever spent more than a day in New England also knows, the weather can change and become dangerous very quickly in spite of the forecast.

If you're out on the lake, grooving to tunes on XM while rafting then it certainly would be nice to get a heads up that a tornado is moving through the area...ya think?
(just a guess on my part but I doubt that anyone leaves a wx radio running while underway or rafting)

The Coast Guard does it (and they have more responsibilities and duties to perform than the NHMP) so it is not unreasonable to expect the Marine Patrol to provide the same service they provide to their own crews, to the boating public as well in order to help keep NH boaters SAFE. out.
I would not expect that from MP. I am perfectly capable of keeping myself safe. In fact, it is my personal responsibility. But we have no more room for that in NH anymore, do we?

I don't have a radio of any kind on my boat. Should there be a law that states I must have one? That way, the MPs broadcast would be sure to reach everyone!