Thread: MP - Seriously?
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2008, 04:05 PM   #37
The Big Kahuna

Default MP Help, are you Kidding!

I have never seen MP do anything to help anyone. I have been boating for 20years on this lake, in that 20 years I never seen the MP stop to help anyone. Of the 10 - 15 boats I have helped over the years MP passed by at least 5 times, this includes sail boats that were turned over, boats that ran out of gas, boats that would not start. They passed by the boaters in need, and I stopped to help. In one case they circled back and gave me a hard time and used the old safety check on us, for what I still can't figure out. I was trying to help a sail boat by pulling his mast out of the water, I had tied a line to the back side of his boat and we were pulling them up-right. I could tell my story again about the time I ran out of gas with my inlaws on board, mother inlaw, sister inlaws with all their kids, late at night down in Alton Bay after the fireworks, with boats racing by, the MP 50 ft. away and refused to help me as I floated in the middle of the bay out of gas. I had to paddle the boat to shore and safety. I would tell that story again but the results would be the same, MP has still refused to help us. Bottom line is they could care less about boaters safety on this lake, as far as I am concerned they are useless and should be replaced by Fish and Game, who do a superior job, and do care about safety and are far better trained.
The Big Kahuna is offline   Reply With Quote