Thread: MP - Seriously?
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2008, 11:43 AM   #21
liberator211

Default Another story 7/21

First and foremost I think the MP does a great job the majority of the time. They do surprise me from time to time with the way they harass me. Just last night I took a dusk cruise from Cummings Cove area into Paugus bay and left around 7:30. I went into the Weirs channel and the MP boat was also in the channel. We exchanged waves as we passed each other. As I departed the channel heading back towards Pitchwood around 8:00 I put up my stern light and turned my lights on. The MP was just sitting outside the channel off the flashing black marker near Hoits Point (no lights on). While pulling out I see three different jet skis still running without lights and another bonehead tubing with his lights on. This is now 8:15-8:30 and I am wondering why the heck the MP is not addressing either one of these issues. I take off and sure enough the lights go on and who does the MP pull over? Me of course; not the jet skiers who are still out or the bonehead with his kids tubing at near dark. I was far away from everybody including the MP so I knew I did not break any headway rules. We go through the whole thing of safety equipment, registration, boater’s license etc. After passing with flying colors they tell me they are going to issue me a ticket for not having properly displayed my running lights when we passed in the channel. Oh by the way they did not have any running lights on either when we passed in the Weirs Channel. Of course I did not bring that up or ask them why it was me and not the other knuckle heads they pulled over. I was able to apologize profusely and also receive a verbal warning but I mean come on. One last tidbit of information; I am young and own a go fast style boat so you now know the reason it was me who was pulled over and not the family tubing at dusk or the jet skiers. Has not been the first time I have been pulled-over nor do I expect it to be the last time. Have a good day everybody.
liberator211 is offline   Reply With Quote