View Single Post
Old 06-26-2008, 03:07 PM   #7
NightWing

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH_boater View Post
I think that Rich has a wonderful idea, signing his post. I know this has been discussed before. My guess is that many things posted would not have been said in a face to face conversation, or would not have been made with identities openly known.

Maybe this small, simple gesture will promote more reasonable dialog and more civil communication.

For those unwilling to sign their posts with their real, full name, I have to ask why not?

Michael Costello
The signing of a name would not add credibility to the post because we have no way of knowing if the John Smith, Paul Young, BJ Williams, Elizabeth Wilson, (All real names somewhere but used for example) and so forth are the true identity of the poster. Even worse, if the name of a real local person was used as a bogus identity on this forum, the reputation of that person in his or her community could be harmed, depending on the type of posts attributed to that name.

I think the present method of anonymous posters is a good compromise of security and familiar identification.

I have to leave now to go hang upside down in the barn until night falls.
NightWing is offline   Reply With Quote