View Single Post
Old 06-05-2008, 09:26 PM   #35
Airwaves

Default It's possible to revoke a certificate, but...

It appears it is certainly not likely to ever happen.
Quote:
RSA 270-D:13 II. Once issued, the certificate of safe boater education shall be valid for the lifetime of the person and may not be revoked by the department of safety or a court without cause and a hearing in accordance with RSA 541-A.
Unlike a license, a certificate is just that, a certificate that you accomplished something. A license is different. The NH Boating regulations require a certificate stating that you have successfully completed a NASBLA approved boating course/test.

We can debate what a boating license is if you'd like. In NH it appears to me to be an additional written test and a small fee. Much different from a USCG license.

I did look at RSA 541-A and I didn't see anything regarding the revokation of an individual certificate. I did see a way to revoke agency certficates or so I think. Granted I did not read the entire RSA but if you would be so kind as to show me how NH can revoked an individual certificate of accomplishment?
No, I'm not being a Smart Ass I just didn't see the wording.

http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/Rules/revstatannot.html

Last edited by Airwaves; 06-05-2008 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Identifying the RSA and adding another RSA link