View Single Post
Old 05-25-2008, 05:10 AM   #46
SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by loneskier View Post
Does anyone know what the fine is for not having a license? My stepfather is the world's biggest procrastinator and he finally turned the age that the license is required and the first class he can get into is in mid June.
Of course he want's to go out tommorrow...
Thanks
The first offense is $60.00. Each subsequent offense is $300.00.

All you people, I've mentioned it before in this forum: $20.00 and 7 1/2 hours out of your life for a CERTIFICATE that is GOOD FOR LIFE and reciprocal with at least 40 other states is still one of the best deals in boating today.

Don't hesitate, don't procrastinate-- go to a class. BTW, the internet may be an attractive solution to the " I waited until the last minute" problem YOU CREATED but you are not going to benefit from some other state's course when it comes to NH LAWS. Know the laws of the state in which you operate.

It seems so sleazy to short cut the whole idea of SAFETY by rushing through some other state's internet course. Are they going to give you pointers on the NH aids to Navigation?? I don't think so. When you go red-right-return on those you will be on the rocks and still be a Capt. Bonehead.

Whew, thanx for the loan of the soapbox Skip.
SBC is offline   Reply With Quote