View Single Post
Old 05-14-2008, 03:31 PM   #263
EricP

I am really confused by the statement "traveling faster than their ability to see". The broads is ~5.5 miles across at it's narrowest point. I can see all the way across at just about any point. Granted smaller objects are dots but they get larger as you approach and you can pretty much see any object larger than a football from over 300' away. I know from the nosebleeds at Gilette I can see the football at the other end of the field. And can even see a bird sitting on the water when I am cruising @ ~50MPH on my SeaDoo and have plenty of time to drive around it, and I do. It just doesn't make sense to me to make an unfounded statement like that and keep repeating it, there's no merit to it. Again, the problem is stupid people, and speed limit or not they will still be stupid. If we end up with a speed limit absolutely nothing will change, except a few people here will gloat and that's easily ignored, but the lake itself will be no different this Summer. Didn't Ron White say "You can't fix stupid"? I agree.