Old 05-02-2008, 11:24 AM   #119
Woodsy

BI...

I did not put words in your mouth!

You stated....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear Islander View Post
No accidents involving boats that might have left do to a speed limit
Explain your meaning then? Perhaps I am interpreting your statement wrong? Your statement was crystal clear! I merely extrapolated the obvious. You want no accidents involving boats that might have left because of a speed limit.

Statistically, boating accidents are going to happen regardless of any and all laws & regulation. Your statement above would lead one to belive that as long as the accidents do not happen to involve a high performance boat, you're ok with it! So if some 300HP family bowrider causes a fatal accident, well then its ok because it didnt involve a high performance boat. The logic path you use is pretty simple.

The biggest problem with your argument is that there haven't been any accidents that caused serious injury or death "involving boats that might have left do to a speed limit" on Lake Winnipesaukee in 5 1/2 years! The one accident that occurred happened at night @ approx 28MPH and get this... that accident involved ALCOHOL! By your own admission, high speed accidents are so rare you need to search far & wide to come up with a high speed accident, and when you do they all inevitably involve ALCOHOL! I am STILL waiting for you to produce the SOBER high speed accident data...

Ultimately, your mind is made up You just don't like High Performance Boats and thats that! You ought to just be straight up about it instead of using ridiculous, misleading, false propaganda coupled with a healthy dose of fear to prove your point.

Woodsy