View Single Post
Old 05-01-2008, 06:07 PM   #100
ApS

Default Jurisdictions, AIS, Hypocrisy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear Islander View Post
"...However when they are starting up they have as big a wake as any boat on the lake...I'm sure good operators can lessen these effects. But most do not..."
Meaning, it is possible to "eliminate ignorant behavior through education?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrothead View Post
"...I can't get my head around how performance boats can cause more wake damage than other boats..."
Start with 4½ tons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipj29 View Post
"...And yes, that accident could have happened on Winnipesaukee. It could have happened on the Merrimack River. It could have happened on [gasp] Squam Lake...But it didn't happen in any of those places. It happened on Long Lake. In the beautiful state of Maine.
and...
Quote:
I am sorry, I didn't realize winnfabs was concerned with accidents that occur on lakes outside of the state of NH.
and...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaplane Pilot View Post
That's right - Long Lake in the State of Maine.
Senators vote on laws that affect case law produced by the Supreme Court of New Hampshire. Here's 504,000 reasons New Hampshire Senators must consider high-speed crashes from other jurisdictions.

Quote:
"...So one guys quote on OSO means that all posters on the site vote more than once? Oh, OK..."
Well, if OK means OK, then here's some more proof of multiple voting.

I had previously chosen a spam-voter from Boston, as he would also likely spam any on-line poll for unlimited speeds on New Hampshire's inland protected waters.

Here they go:

Quote:
With as many memebers (sic) as we have here, certainly we can change those results

Go vote
Quote:
The power of *** we are up by a significant margine. (sic)
Dont worry ****, just keep this thread rocking.
Quote:
Voted as well several times. It's 53%, NO.

Come on guys lets stick together and scew (sic) the hell out of this poll.
Quote:
voted several times -- NO. Check out the poll numbers now. ZGood (sic) luck
Quote:
Vote up, everyone! We don't need any more negative publicity regarding this matter. We certainly don't need ignorant non-boaters taking polls like this away from us.
[ ]

Quote:
The power of the board must be kicking in. We are up from 23% to 35% against speed limits.
Quote:
I just gave us about a 60-70 NO votes and it will now not register any more of my votes.
Quote:
Point is....when you make noise, people will listen. Keep voting...
Quote:
I guess we are making a difference 1050 No / 540 Yes !!
Quote:
I bet you won't here (sic) about this poll again!
Quote:
Yeah, I'd saw we swayed that poll back in the right direction
Quote:
Today speed limits. Tomorrow....
Quote:
No, submit, close the box, No, submit, close the box. I took it from 640 to over 700 then it stopped counting my votes.
Quote:
Speed wins!

Should there be a speed limit for boaters...?
no: 2179 votes
yes: 688 votes
Quote:
Group hug..............................

I use History, whereas BI uses Logic...

Opponents seem stuck in the same arguments with BI, and may just not want to read what I'm finding in History; for example, did you see the on-line post on "I drove drunk" by the creator of the "A.I.S." condition?