View Single Post
Old 04-18-2008, 08:09 AM   #576
ApS

Default A Resurgence of Alternate Energy?

Rose, I was initially stumped by your earlier question—and since nobody has answered it yet...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose View Post
"...Why don't you support a limit on the NUMBER of watercraft (of any type) allowed on the lake...?"
By its very nature, HB-847 will "skim" those serially impaired, those most seriously impaired, those with sociopathic behaviors—plus, the largest, the heaviest, the fastest, and the most dangerous boats we face today...will leave Lake Winnipesaukee's waters.

Those boaters become another lake's problem: I suggest Long Lake and Ossipee Lake take up the slack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITD View Post
"...An auxiliary officer is hardly a schmoe off the street. In fact I'm willing to bet they even have some police type powers..."
'Better check that again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveg View Post
"...I have never had a "close encounter" with a speeding boat..."
Your boat is probably equipped with an engine...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelnut View Post
"...A guy going 95 on a Tuesday across the Broads isn't speeding...!"
And if he's weaving? He's over the limit—AND speeding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaChick View Post
With the economy the way it is and appears to be heading plus the cost of gas, maybe the overcrowding issue will soon be a non-issue.
I personally don't see the lake as overcrowded; unfortunately, there are some boats that use up more of the lake than others.

We may see a resurgence of sail on the lake: Sailboat manufacturers are crying "poor" too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaChick View Post
"...Someone can drive 80++ on 93 and WILL make a mistake. Did the speed limit on 93 PREVENT that person from making a mistake..??"
It prevents dozens of "mistakes".

Every day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resident 2B View Post
"...What I dislike is the activities of people who spend money to force their desires on others who may or may not have as much money than they have...
In many cases, it only takes a fraction of a million dollars to "force their desires" on us lesser boaters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman671 View Post
"...It is actually 40mph, not 30mph and what makes you think Squam properties are worth more?? How many $12 millon dollar boathouses do you see on Squam...?" I think Winnipesaukee property values are plenty high, too high for many.
Many owners will die before selling out.

We desire the "by natural causes" route, however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
"...The steady decline of Lake Winnipesaukee begins with HB-847..."
A decline we can LIVE with.