ApS

Default Problem Boats with Problem Boaters III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Guy
"...The fast boats are not asking to restrict where the slow boats can go..."
Maybe this was missed:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakegeezer
"...Perhaps those that fear sharing the water with fast boats should stay within 150' from shore rather than extinguish other's rights.."
and...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear Islander View Post
"...It is quite common for public officials to take high paying jobs in the industry they once regulated..."
It's common in Washington—and reprehensible; in NH, it's the Order of the Day. The new law had a last-minute monkey wrench thrown at it by the dismissed Safety Commissioner Flynn (The Excessive-Speeding Study). What does the following Internet quote tell you about the NH Department of Safety and us little guys on the lake?
Quote:
"...I also wish the best to Dick Flynn...I'll miss him, and the state will too...Whenever I had a client with an issue with Safety, I could call the Commissioner and have it fixed in five minutes or less. I can only hope that Barthelmes has the same command of the organization..."

and...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Guy View Post
"...
I can tell you that I have found very well camouflaged kayaks on occasion with a lot less time to react than I care for..."
Here's camoflage...what's not to see?

If you can't see a kayak, can you at least see a kayaker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Guy View Post
"...Although you won't be able to hear us, we will be cheering like crazy when you go by..."
He describes himself as "legally-mufflered". What other sounds (bell, whistle, horn) will he be unable to hear?

and...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
"...Extending a sunset clause quietly is usually pretty easy to do..."
What experience in this can you quote?

and...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITD View Post
"...
3800+ boats is a pretty significant sample and should give a pretty clear indication of what is happening on the lake..."
Of those 3800 boats, how many counted twice? But were the fastest boats "in the area" really getting measured for speed?
Quote:
"...'It is one thing to look at a boat and measure the speed, but if there are 15 boats in the area, it is hard to prove which boat had been recorded,' said Gallagher."

and...

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman671
"...The solid fact remains that out of 3852 boats less than 1% were speeding. That is hard to argue. I can spit out hypothesis all afternoon (although I bet MeenMac is already working on it )as to different calculations and formulas that apply but the main fact still remains. Speed was not an issue..."
Can you name ONE of the following sources that did not post a warning about Winnipesaukee speed zones? (Such as they were).

Scream And Fly
Extreme Boats
Boat Freaks
Hot Boat
Offshore Only
Winnilakers
Speed Wake
Baja Marine
Echoshores
Boating ABC
Donzi Registry
Weekend Pundit