View Single Post
Old 10-31-2007, 10:03 AM   #17
Woodsy

Default Wow!!

The town is alleging for the past 20 years or so Ames Farm has been operating somehwat illegally...

20 years later the town has a gripe? Who is kidding who?

The Ames family has been very generous to the town of Gilford. They pay an exorbitant amount of taxes, they have donated property etc.. Who cares if he stores boats on his property and hosts fishing tournaments? If thats what it takes to keep the property un developed and as nice as it is, then so be it!

I think the powers that be should tread very carefully... eventually the fight just isn't worth it... If I were Mr. Ames given all this crap, I would sell the property off (both sides) to some big name condo developer, pocket my multi-millions as I drive off laughing into the sunset while flipping my neighbors the finger... and let them wonder what 300+ condos will do to the neighborhood...

In all seriousness, tread lightly and be careful what you wish for. I think the weekend Bass tourney and some noisy boats beats a 300+ condo development hands down. The town should grandfather the existing operation as it is, and just make him get the req'd permits and variances.

Woodsy