View Single Post
Old 06-26-2007, 04:11 AM   #9
ApS

Question But An AMAZING Monday...

No question that Saturday was rough.

Sunday saw half of Saturday's wind, and in sight here were a few dozen big boats. There was one large sailboat getting all wrapped-up in the lake's tricky winds and one 13½-foot sailboard and one 12-foot windsurfer. ("Big boats" means any powerboat larger than the Marine Patrol outboard boats—btw, what size overall are those MP outboards anyway, 20-22-feet?)

But Monday afternoon was a truly remarkable afternoon for "The Weekend Before The 4th": I saw just four boats.

1) A canoe doing a slow-tow of a kayak (the kayak's only occupant being a toddler in a PFD) across open water.

2) A small outboard towing a skier, who spent the first hour with two passengers. He later appeared solo—still towing a skier—and no passengers at all!

Once, that boat left the skier in the water to retrieve a ski which had been dropped about ½-mile away. The skier was just a tiny blob in three square miles of water, but was in no immediate danger from other boats—'cause there weren't any other boats in sight!

3) And lastly, a "small" bowrider (who witnessed the canoe/kayak-tow), whose trip was to visit me!

Prediction: The week of July 4th will make up for all of May and June.