Thread: Lake Gas
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2007, 02:42 PM   #53
Coastal Laker

Smile Good news about gas prices: more slips available

I guess I shouldn't complain about the high gas prices this year, though I know I will the first time I need to tank up. I filled up before launching to save what I could. Anyway, I found out pretty late that I wasn't getting my coveted boat slip and started to panic that I wouldn't be able to find another one. No problem. They're available everywhere! I spoke to a marina sales manager that I know who said slips are available all over the lake, some marinas don't even have a waiting list. This one marina was still selling new boats like crazy.

It's still a mystery how one marina can have another record year for boat sales with these gas prices. It's no surprise to me that there'd be more slips available. Perhaps the new boat buyers haven't figured out yet how much the gas is going to cost them for that 80 gallon tank and the ones that have been on the lake a number of years bailed out of their high priced boat slips to save money. Who knows. But at least I got a slip now, whew! I really didn't want to go back to trailering... truck sucks too much gas when towing.
Coastal Laker is offline   Reply With Quote