View Single Post
Old 04-09-2007, 08:46 AM   #32
Woodsy

FLL...

If its not guaranteed by the US Constitution, then it is a personal freedom. You actually have very few rights...

I personally don't like the government sticking its nose in my personal business...

I don't wear a seatbelt, and I'll tell you why. When I was 17 I was coming back from my first job interview at Compugraphics in Wilmintgon, MA. I was driving a 1974 Mustang II (an underpowered overgrown Pinto)... I got T-Boned on the drivers side by big old Buick Electra... barely scratched his chrome bumper, my Mustang was totaled... I wasn't wearing my seatbelt. I was thrown into the passengers side of the car, the drivers seat was crushed, the drivers side door was sitting where the steering wheel used to be... Had I been wearing my seatbelt, I would be dead, or seriously injured.

This "Mothering" (smothering) of America has got to stop.... I am sick and tired of people (government) telling me what they think is best for me. I am an 40 year old adult and I am quite capable of making my own decisions, some of which are no doubt not PC!

I don't smoke, because I don't like it, thats my choice! If you want to smoke, its your business not mine. Its your restaurant, you make the rules about allowing patrons to smoke or not. If you allow smoking in your establishment, I have the CHOICE to patronize your establishment or not. I find it more annoying that people smoke outside... there is nothing worse than running the gauntlet of smokers just to get into a place... The government doesn't seem to have a problem taxing cigarettes and making money off smokers, so why is it necessary to make thier decisions for them. If you really wanted to do something about smoking, the government should just outright ban cigarettes! Then we wouldn't have this problem... of course we wouldn't have all the billions of tax $$$ that smoking generates. Oh ya, smokers cost us tax dollars... right

While we are at it, lets ban alcohol too... I mean I know we tried it once before, but hey its a Brave New World now! Perhaps a better solution would be to require breathalyzers in every car! Just think no more drunk drivers... The breathalyzer would be able to download your results monthly into Mother's Computer, but thats certainly an acceptable sacrifice we should all make to promote a safer driving experience.

While I am on the subject of cars, why is it only the high end cars have side impact airbags, AWD & Traction Control? I HAVE to wear a seatbelt, but they car companies are not required to manufacture all cars with the best safety technology? Shouldn't these safety devices be mandated for all cars?? Oh wait... that costs money!!

Guns are another popular nanny subject.... more and more gun rules and regulations! The caveat here is that guns are protected by the Constitution. Hmmm... how could big brother get around that?? I know, tax the crap out of ammunition. Just think of the tax revenue if a .22 caliber bullet costs $5 each intead of .10!!! Everyone should be able to buy an AK-47 for $500, just make sure the bullets cost $100 each... Remember what Mother said... "You'll shoot your eye out!"

McDonalds & Burger King are fast food gone wild... perhaps they should be legislated out of existence too! After all they are the real eason America is fat!

The list goes on and on... quite frankly it never ends!

Stop the Mother! I already have one!

Woodsy