View Single Post
Old 01-08-2007, 07:32 PM   #43
fatlazyless

Default ...a mini cabin cruiser!

As always, the wind weather and waves are the big boss on the Big Lake. Especially true for an 18' aluminum boat in January, but I felt safe and secure yesterday as I boated from Meredith Neck to Rattlesnake Island. The earlier white caps had calmed away so the water was smooth enough. Rounding the south end of Rattlesnake with Island Girl, a couple of large swells definately got my attention but otherwise it was a fun-run and good for repairing the Snake Eyes web-cam.
About my boat; it is a '74 Starcraft Starchief with a '00 Suzuki 70hp four-stroke. It has an enclosed bow area with a high windshield so spray coming over the bow is not too much of a problem. Suzuki makes a terrific outboard, or at least my Zuki is terrific! It always starts easy, runs quiet, is reliable and sips gas. I can go all over Winnipesaukee on a six-gallon tank with a two-gallon backup spare.
While an 18'er is probably considered too small by many, it works for me and it definately gives you that feeling of being close to the water, like a surfboard or something, that you just don't get in the bigger boats.

"...boats are like people; it's not the age, it's the condition!"
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote