View Single Post
Old 11-08-2006, 02:16 PM   #105
John A. Birdsall

Talking compromise

I am neither a republican or a democrat, I am an American first and formost. and I cannot for the life of me see why people cannot come to a compromise on the speed limits on the lake. In areas I believe we need one, and in the biggest portion of the lake I see no need for one. The bays, the harbors need to have speed limts, The Broads do not need one. If the law of the 150' was strictly enforced then the Broads would be fine. But in the bays and harbors a 45 MPH is more than enough during the day and 25 MPH is fine IMO at night. That puts safety first.

In all my years of boating I got one ticket, and that was for their 150' rule or three football fields as the MP put it. They also need to keep refreshed on what 150' is and what length a football field is also.

I think the mentality of some is that it is my boat, I will go where I want and as fast as I want, the safety of the people in their boat or near the boat be dammed. Well that type of attitude has to change. As more and more boats come to the big lake, or the small ones, we all have to watch and put safety on the front burner, and if that means slowing down. then pull that throttle back. May you all have safe boating.

Now for the important question is Ice Out gonna be on April 9 at 10 AM?
Sponsored Links