View Single Post
Old 05-08-2024, 04:17 PM   #33
MeredithMan

Default To bring this thread full-circle...

...Great to see and hear about your experience with Zip-Up, Dan. I am actually getting that for the repair of what started this whole thread last June...allegedly the project is starting in the next few weeks, so it will be about a full year from the crash to the start of the repair.

To say that this has been a bit of a fiasco is an understatement. Many calls to various contractors who either: a) never showed up; or, b) came out and took measurements and pictures, but then I never heard from them again nor received a quote from them. The 3 finalists who stood out in their professionalism were Scott Compton Builders, and the construction arms of Stephens Landscaping and Miracle Farms. None of these folks are inexpensive, but I was able to see actual jobs they had done and it is all top-notch. Lastly, getting the insurance company to cough up the money was also a back-and-forth hassle and while they are not covering the entire cost, (they deem the Zip-Up system to be an "upgrade" over the original soffit material), they are covering more than half of the cost.

Finally, light at the end of the tunnel...
MeredithMan is offline   Reply With Quote