View Single Post
Old 04-21-2024, 07:18 PM   #16
mishman

Default test drive T-Mobile for free

i was a Verizon customer for 25 years but got tired of their disinterest in keeping me a customer (no deals on upgraded phones but they will give the world for a non Verizon customer to switch to V). I felt like I was taken for granted. So I decided to try T-Mobile but worried the signal would not be strong enough from our place in Mboro. When I expressed this to the T-Mobile rep, he told me I could test drive the T-Mobile network via something I think he called "mirroring" on my Verizon phone. I think I had 30 days to test drive T-Mobile w/o actually switching. The signal was good and it gave me the confidence to switch. When we moved to FL for the winter months, the T-Mobile was weak (as was Verizon) in our particular location. T-Mobile said their booster would solve the problem (for $25) and sure enough it did the trick. We use the booster in Mboro as well and it has strengthened our already decent signal (you can move the booster but you have to re-register your location each time you change). As for the T-Mobile signal in and around the lakes region and going south, honestly, I have not noticed the difference at all.
T-Mobile is way cheaper than Verizon when you consider the added benefits (free Netflix, free Hulu, free Apple TV and (for one year only) free AAA. Also T-Mobile gave me a real discount on a new iPhone 15. And lastly, their customer service reps (based in Maine) are to a person, great. Verizon customer service not so much.
Hope this helps.
mishman is offline   Reply With Quote