Thread: Starter issue ?
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2024, 12:33 PM   #1
bigdog

Default Starter issue ?

Boy, I seem to be having more issues with truck more and more frequent
Truck is 2016 Ford F-150 V6 Eco-burst engine. 45k miles on engine.

Yesterday I went to the store, came home and parked truck. Later I went to make a dump run, got in truck to start it and 'nothing' happened, nada, zip....
Lights work, Directionals OK, radio works, Dash lights all working OK....
I was going to do the 'old school' trick and get under truck and tap it with a hammer, to see if I could get Starter to turn-over, but didn't want to crawl under truck, besides not much clearance to do such.

I called AAA who came and tried to jump but no success. Engine didn't make any sound, no clicking or even made an attempt to start.
He then ran checks on battery which registered 12.5V, Alternator tested fine, and indicated it was working as it should. Tests indicated that the 'Starter' was the issue. He said that when the Starter goes bad there are no warning signs ?

Doing my own research I have to agree with AAA diagnosis. However, other issues, although rare, could be issue with 'Starter Relay' or 'Neutral Safety' switch.

AAA are coming Monday to tow vehicle to repair shop. Appt has already been made with repair shop. Would have towed today, but shop is closed Sat.

Would appreciate Forum feedback about my issue.

Thanks !
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote