View Single Post
Old 02-25-2024, 11:44 AM   #79
Grant

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagoon View Post
If locals used this area for walks it could be a right of way that can't be extinguished no matter what. It would be interesting to see if folks step up to indicate that and then the pursuing next steps.
Good luck with that. On our old road along the Wawbeek shore, there was a path that ran from 20 Mile Bay all the way down to Wawbeek. It meandered along the shore through all the properties and folks would walk along it now and then. It was a cool way to see neighbors, and as kids we used it to get down to Wawbeek Colony Club to hang with friends who returned each summer. We could negotiate the path from our house to Wawbeek in the dark no light without stumbling on a root or rock.

When Wawbeek was sold, a group of doctors and lawyers bought the property, razed a bunch of the buildings, put up McMansions with lawns, and immediately made it known that that section of the trail was closed. Nice neighbors.

I'm sure there are hundreds of similar stories, and most probably involve big-money McMansions.