View Single Post
Old 11-11-2023, 08:16 PM   #6
Lakegeezer

Thanks for the link! NH's Cyanobacteria Plan is eighty-nine pages and looks comprehensive. I look forward to reading it. My first take is, I like the index. It lists four strategies that make sense.

1) Prevention through Policies: It emphasizes the development of best practices and policies to address the core issues.
2) Education and Outreach: The report advocates for programs that teach recognition, reporting, and understanding of prevention strategies.
3) Monitoring and Reporting: By collecting data, this strategy aims to help researchers develop insight and alert people where cyanobacteria is found.
4) Protecting Drinking Water: Linking prevention, education and monitoring treatment protocols to ensure our water's safety.

At first glance, this plan should bring the state closer to a solution. It is possible our lakes have passed a tipping point and the discussion has moved from "this is what could happen" to "there it is". Prevention, education and reporting activity is already in place and there are increasing blooms to exercise and improve the processes. Getting new regulations right and accepted is always a challenge, but the realtors and developers seem to be more on board with additional regulations this time.

Last edited by Lakegeezer; 11-12-2023 at 06:17 AM.
Lakegeezer is online now   Reply With Quote