View Single Post
Old 08-31-2023, 03:32 PM   #15
sky's

the estimating process needs to change. for some contractors or i should say good contractors with 10+ years experience should have a fairly close idea or a "ballpark" of the cost of the job. yes nothing is etched in stone like rot repair for for example. but the contractor has to ask "what is your budget?" from there both parties have to explain yes sir i think we can make that work or sorry i think were off on that budget. estimates take hours and sometimes days to put together its not like selling a tv or a new toaster. its a service we provide along with other sub contractors at times and this stuff takes time. for myself i try to disclose a ballpark up front and also ask the customer to provide a budget. if the customer refuses to disclose a budget than we will not proceed with the estimate process. for myself im 55 yrs old 20 years a contractor in the Lakes Region and this process has to change for both parties. Good luck to the gentlemen in Tuftonboro if your still stuck feel free to call me 603-254-4151
sky's is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sky's For This Useful Post: