Thread: New Appliances
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2023, 10:12 PM   #38
Winilyme

Thanks for all the feedback, folks. Here's where we ended up.

Fridge - Bosch french door model. Came close to going with a GE Profile but extra quiet operation was important to us and no fridges are quieter than Bosch and LG. We really downgraded LG after receiving all the feedback here though, I will say, their new Max models are very tempting. We need a counter depth fridge and LG has figured out how to get 26.5 SF of storage in these. That's nearly the amount of storage in a full size fridge. The Bosch model we got is about 4 SF smaller than the LG Max - most of that loss is in the freezer. We don't have a lot of stuff in the freezer anyway so no big deal. Plus, the Bosch has designed their bottom freezer in such a way that despite less space, we'll be able to be more organized. Bottom line, I couldn't get the warning about LG out of my mind despite the fact I've learned that they are overcoming the prior compressor issues. Purchased the five-year service plan as well.

Dishwasher - Went with a Bosch 800 model with the new crystal technology that supposedly does a great job drying plastics. I did a lot of research on this and the reviews are very good and all I've read say the technology works. We'll see. Did not purchase the five-year service plan.

Range - Chose a GE Profile Electric smooth top. Solid ratings and we liked the features. This is a free-standing range. We thought about induction, which we have in our CT home (and love), but the added cost, need to buy new pots and pans, and modifications we'd need to make to our counters discouraged us (there are very few free-standing induction models. Did not purchase the five-year service plan.

The feedback I received from all that replied to my post was helpful and very much on my mind as we shopped. Finally, we first went to Baron's in Laconia and never looked back. Very happy with their attentive service though we did visit Lowes as they had several models we were considering in stock at the same time. We take a hopefully uneventful delivery next week.

Appreciate your advice.
Winilyme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Winilyme For This Useful Post: