View Single Post
Old 10-04-2006, 12:30 PM   #73
Airwaves

Apparently the public comment period ended at the close of the business day this past Monday. According to the Laconia Citizen the hearings officer says it will take "a while" to go through all the comments.

Link to article below, requires free registration:

http://www.citizen.com/apps/pbcs.dll...73258848242456

Quote:
APS wrote: Why isn't a closing speed of 330 miles per hour a possibility on Lake Winnipesaukee?
I guess I must have missed the official estimate of speed, last I read it was still under investigation and I don't believe it was a head-on collision of two boats doing 165 miles an hour. One victim's racer was equipped with engines capabile of that, but no one has said he was doing even close to that speed. So now you want to limit engine size as well as impose a speed limit?

Quote:
Rayhunt wrote: I would also question why a non voting taxpayer who only visits the area 10 days a year would want to impose laws on people who LIVE and WORK here. Thereby raising everyones taxes to pay for this legislation ?
If you are talking about me, since the nonvoting taxpayer is my signature and I wrote that I was only at the lake 10 days this year, then you have to re-read my posts. I oppose a speed limit. There are sufficient laws on the books already if MP chooses to enforce them.
edit to correct spelling!

Last edited by Airwaves; 10-05-2006 at 10:28 PM.