View Single Post
Old 07-08-2023, 05:48 AM   #46
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,967 Times in 1,215 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveLakeLife View Post
FLL makes a valid point about the restaurant’s liability.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Really?

Would someone be responsible for not putting up a strong barrier if a plane falls on their house because they live near an airport?

Ooh, ooh—or the barber shop I go to that sits alongside train tracks? Should I suggest they put up a strong barrier lest an Amtrak derails and plows into the building while I'm getting a sweet cut?

And where would the LB even have put those barriers?! The car LITERALLY came in through the main road and building entrance.

Someone above mentioned that both parties are at fault, and that's the truth...though if this situation plays out a hundred times, the same thing probably happens 99.

People drive up lanes that are open even when others are backed up—just look at every highway every day while driving through traffic, tolls, accident backups, etc.

And people always "let others go" without paying much attention to what's coming the other way and drivers will almost always take advantage of that because, well, we wouldn't be driving if we didn't have anywhere to go.

This was an accident, the type that happens in a world with humans and machines and movement of both.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is online now   Reply With Quote