View Single Post
Old 07-05-2023, 06:11 AM   #16
ishoot308

Thanked 4,984 Times in 1,931 Posts
Default Tc-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
Soooo, as part of my research when buying our washer a couple years ago, I discovered that Speed Queen was getting a bad rap for the newest series of their machines (TR models), which were designed for efficiency and to meet water use guidelines.

What they did, however, is bring back the "classic" TC5 with an "eco" mode that met the water guidelines while every other mode is what their original machine offered.

We have it, and it's awesome—huge loads done in 35 minutes! And, maybe because we replaced an older machine, we never noticed any water use difference (and use cold for everything).

So, Dan, if you're looking for the classically-built Speed Queen, you'll be looking for the TC5. It still uses a digital panel rather than analogue knobs, but the machine itself is the bulletproof one SQ built its reputation on.

https://speedqueen.com/speed-queens-...-your-laundry/

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
Think,

The TC-5 is the one we are looking at and is in stock. It does use knobs and has no digital readout panel that I can see and that is what we want. Also has no locking cover which is another feature my wife wants.

Thanks!

Dan