View Single Post
Old 08-29-2006, 08:05 PM   #6
Weirs guy

WOW.

This is just sad. I understand your frustration AltonGuy, hopefully I can help out.

First, not all arcades at the Weirs are owned by the same people! I've gone to all of them over the years, but stick with the Winnipesaukee Pier Arcade most of the time. I have known the owners my entire life, and find them overall to be a much better run establishment. You can go to Funspot as well, but the Piers a safe bet too. The Pier also has a ticket counter like funspots, and they refuse to accept the Half Moons tickets.

Also, the eastern European accent is probably dead on. Usually there are a group of teenage foreign girls working all arcades during the summers here (used to be Irish when I worked here), and this summer is the eastern European summer. Most likely the one who signed the tickets is around here still working for someone else as they are all staying locally and I can't imagine one heading home early. Its possible it was a scam run by one of them who wasn't working at the half moon, but either way a little hanging out around here should turn her up.

Last resort, call the owner and tell her about this.

Now?
Weirs guy is offline   Reply With Quote