View Single Post
Old 07-07-2020, 03:19 PM   #3
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by aydinlik View Post
I have a pontoon boat. I was wondering if it is possible to convert it to tritoon. Has anyone tried that before?

Sent from my LM-V450 using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
People do it all the time. particularly down south. It seems especially popular to tackle, when you are going to be doing a full floor replacement.

If you have a pontoon, that is paid for and everything is in good shape, it is likely a good solution, if you want better performance, or cargo capacity with out going out and buying something newer....

I myself may consider this in a year or two... I bought a reasonable priced 20 year old toon, to see how much I liked it... With the idea, that I could make updates to it, over time, and still not spend as much as I would have to by something newer. As I still also have speed boat, going to a tri-toon is not my first thought.... But I am going to be looking for a bigger power plant over this winter...... I tend to run the current motor, to high in the power band for my taste.... and well its a 20 year old motor, so who knows how much life it has left in it....