View Single Post
Old 03-22-2020, 12:06 PM   #157
erick26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major View Post
So the only option we had was to destroy a thriving economy? There was no intermediate, or metered option? I'm no genius, but 16,064 seems to be a lot less than over 1,000,000. Is there any potential that the Chinese coronavirus may be less of a crisis than the H1N1 crisis?

Or that the numbers are lower because most people obeyed the social distancing and reduced the spread. Chicken and egg here as people that think we are over reacting will push the case further based on the reduction and we will never know how bad it would have been if we did nothing. Chill for a couple of weeks and keep your distance and let this thing play out. The longer people keep doing their everyday thing the longer it will drag out and the worse the repercussions will be. If they had just shut everything down for 2 weeks in the beginning we would be mostly through this and starting to get back to normal but instead we are stuck in the middle and just pointing fingers at each other. It sucks for everyone - do what you really feel is right as long as you can sleep better at night. I’m taking one for the team and I hope in the long term it’s the right decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to erick26 For This Useful Post: