Thread: Global Warming
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2006, 10:13 AM   #71
ApS

Cool Governor Schwarzenegger (R-CA) speaks on the FACT of Global Warming:

Quote:
"Global warming and the pollution and burning of fossil fuels that cause it are threats we see here in California and everywhere around the world. These pollutants blanket the globe, trapping heat and creating the "greenhouse" effect - the warming of the earth's atmosphere. All of this impacts California's water supply, public health, agriculture, coastlines, forestry, and much more.

"We have no choice but to meet this challenge. So, we will mobilize with an aggressive plan to reduce greenhouse gas emissions:

* We will fully implement California's landmark greenhouse gas law which requires cleaner burning vehicles sold in our state starting in 2009.

* We are going to accelerate the timetable to get more energy from renewable sources with a 20% reduction by 2010 and a 33% reduction by 2020.

* We are greening the state's fleet of government vehicles - 70,000 of them - to be the most fuel-efficient in the world.

* And we are recruiting businesses up and down the state to reduce their greenhouse gas emissions because it makes sense for our environment and our economy. Those who have already reduced their greenhouse gas emissions have saved billions of dollars.

Pollution reduction has long been proven to be a money-saver for businesses. It reduces operating costs, increases profits and creates new and expanded markets for environmental technology.

California can and must reduce pollution, reduce greenhouse gases that cause global warming and at the same time improve our economy.
I've excerpted this one to comment on it:
Quote:

* We will continue to push my initiative to have one million solar powered homes and buildings in California to save energy and reduce pollution.
My BIL lives in Sacramento, and hand-built a solar panel array to benefit from California's Energy incentives. Most of the day, his electric meter runs backwards sending electricity back to the grid and reducing his electric bill at the same time. California homeowners have the lowest electric bills of any state.

When he (BIL) arrives at Lake Winnipesaukee, he sets up a portable solar array to charge battery-packs to power his kayak electrically! Even with my most conscientious efforts, I can't beat this individual effort!

Anyway, maybe the fact of Global Warming "sounds better" coming from a celebrity?