View Single Post
Old 08-23-2016, 07:04 AM   #31
Rich

I was a little nervous on Saturday as we went to visit a friend that had just purchased a home on Rattlesnake. He's on the south west side, and I anchored about 50 ft or so off his breakwater dock.

Why nervous? If you remember the wind was blowing and there were whitecaps everywhere and I was hoping that my Mantus anchor would hold my 38 ft 18,000 lb boat in the wind.

I kept an eye on it about every 30 seconds during our visit. I think this was the first time I had anchored but wasn't either on the boat or swimming next to it. It's a different feeling being not near the boat and not able to immediately address any issue with the anchor, but I've never had this Mantus drag or need to be reset yet so I tried to relax.

Then everyone decided we were going to go to Wolfeboro for lunch , but it would be easier to take his 20 ft boat instead of trying to find dock space for my 38 ft boat at the town docks. I almost didn't know if I should insist on taking my boat. It was a tough decision to not be able to keep an eye on my boat.

The Mantus held fast. No issues at all. The boat didn't even appear to move one bit, other than swinging in the wind on the anchor.

But I do have to say that it was a relief to see my boat was still there after leaving it alone for a few hours as we came around the corner.

Thanks Mantus.

Last edited by Rich; 08-23-2016 at 07:36 AM.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rich For This Useful Post: