View Single Post
Old 07-10-2016, 09:13 AM   #26
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,969 Times in 1,217 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivalie View Post
My husband and I are new to the Lake, we have a place on Mirror Lake but in September we upgraded to the big lake. The first thing I did was get a Bizer map, the 2nd thing I did was call a friend to have us give us a lesson in boating. Well my husband is now an "expert of the lake" he has never even looked at or read the Bizer. Yesterday we went out on a boat trip and I almost jumped out in fear for my life!!!! We live in Ambrose Cove and I have down to Wolfeboro down pretty good but follow the map like a BIBLE!!!

He's driving and he says to me "Ohhh I learned that you can go on either side of these buoys, I saw a bunch of huge boats doing it yesterday" Than we are coming up on some sailboats and I warn him they may have the right away if under sail so watch out... he barks "well how the hell am I supposed to get by???" Another point when I tell him to slow down so I can find look for a marker he says you cant just slow down!!!

At this point I start screaming at him about what an idiot he is and he should have taken the proper boating exam and actually learn about the lake. I try to explain the markers and South/West .. North East and it's just not making sense to him because he "saw other huge boats doing it" I said bring me back to shore you are a danger to others!!!

I love him dearly but some people have no interest in actually studying a map, they think they will learn while doing, that's a great idea but not on a lake with a piece of machine that could kill or harm others.
I thought this post was going to explain the capsized boat in Ambrose Cove yesterday.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote