View Single Post
Old 05-20-2016, 08:09 AM   #32
Taz

Default not good

I am surprised by the good reviews this restaurant received here and on Trip Advisor. To start, the inside of the restaurant is in need of a complete remodel. Very old, dark décor, also had an odor, maybe because of the pool, seat cushions all flattened out from being old. Service very poor, walk in and you seat yourself but then there were no employees around so how does any one know you are there, waited maybe 10 minutes and walked up to the bar, no bartender but the waiter appeared and said, I saw you and said he would be over, so why didn't he come over if he saw us, its not like it was busy only 2other tables occupied and they were already taken care of. 5 minutes later he pours water but did not have menu's, 5 minutes later returns with menu's but does not know the draft selection so he has to return with draft menu's, takes our drink order and starts to leave and I say "we want to order now" based on how long it took to get menu, drink order etc. French onion soup was good, not great, bourbon steak tips not good, a little tough and the tips looked like a steak cut up, not like any tips I have ever seen, bourbon glaze was not good, very strange flavor, they were not marinated, it appeared the glaze was poured over the tips after being cooked, not like any bourbon glaze I have ever had. French fries over done and had some kind of seasoning or something fried on them, not sure what. Another in the party had fish and chips, batter was dark, overdone.
It was priced like mid range to fine dining and its not even close. For instance, Patricks, Ellacoya have lower priced meals and food is much better. Thought we would try something different. Will stick with known favorites from now on.
Taz is offline   Reply With Quote