View Single Post
Old 09-28-2015, 12:13 PM   #21
Winnisquamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8gv View Post
This has not been my experience.

My time in FL has been spent in community called Tierra Verde which is a group of islands on the extreme southern tip of the St Pete / Clearwater peninsula.

Humid? Yes, it is surrounded by water on three sides.

100*? I've yet to experience that. Typically the highs are 86-92 and the lows 76-78 during the summer. Yes, that is rather warm but boating and a/c seem to make it ok for me. Several times each summer it is hotter at my CT home than it is on Tierra Verde.

Being on the edge of the salt water environment we have zero gators and see only the occasional harmless snake.

We haven't had any mosquito or "no see em" bites but there are Palmetto bugs. The Palmetto bug looks like (and probably IS) a big roach. They live outside but desire to come in. Good weatherstripping helps keep them out.

Oh yeah, boating all year!

I don't expect to live there full time but it fits well as a compliment to the beauty of the lakes region.

DPG was commenting on central Florida being miserable.. Not the most southern part of Florida. I think the two are very different from my experience and I would agree I wouldn't last 10 days in central Florida.
Winnisquamer is offline   Reply With Quote