View Single Post
Old 06-10-2015, 10:10 AM   #92
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,090 Times in 784 Posts
Default Appraisal value

The appraisal was based before the fact that the city wants most of the parcel converted to public parking. So I think it is fair that the current appraisal is very high. LL was gambling on the appraisal in the July time frame showing a much lower value.

Also LL made over $500,000 in improvements that should have been calculated in the value. I agree with Codeman but as a financial analyst, Irwin Marine's bid is way over the value, and I believe shows a power grab. I wish them the best of luck recuperating the money.

City of Laconia is 'hungry for money'. Hamel has to pay for his huge mistake, the High school sport complex. He was hoping it will pay for itself by renting out to sport teams etc. It is not panning out and will get worst due to the changing demographics. Predicted even before his folly.

Kudos to Baer, although I am not a fan, I will give her a pat on the back to stand up for what is right for Lakeport sector of the city.

I strongly believe Irwin Marine is upset as the city been leasing waterfront to Paugus Bay Marina and LL for dock space. I will not be surprise Irwin will go after PBM.