View Single Post
Old 01-15-2015, 10:24 AM   #33
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

The reason why I had mentioned Meredith and in particular Mills Falls project was not so much that it should be used as an exact blueprint for any development around the Weirs Beach area or anywhere per say, but notice that I suggested taking cues from what was done. The folks that did that I think nailed it in the sense of modernizing but maintaining the overall ambiance, look and charm of the area as it has always been with some very tasteful but not overdone improvements. That's really the point, each town around the lake has it's own unique character to it and it would be nice to see that preserved in some fashion with any new development.

When you see something like that rendering which is such a massive departure from what Weirs Beach has always been it brings about the thought of is this really what the "future" is going to be? Hopefully between public feed back, city planners and the developer a more fitting look can be attained without sacrificing any retail space or drive the cost to a prohibitively high level.
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote