View Single Post
Old 01-14-2015, 08:00 PM   #22
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,164 Times in 906 Posts
Default I agree

Yes, there needs to be substantial change and a substantial investment. Few people would disagree.

Laconia is currently working on a Re-imagine Laconia project to gather input from residents and property owners regarding what they would like to see in Laconia in the future.

I got this in an email today:

"Here's another chance for you to give more valued input! Do you want to be interviewed? Call the Planning Department today (603-527-1264) and ask for Brandee!"

I attended a meeting in September at the Laconia Mill building with about 120 other people. We were given the opportunity to voice our opinons about the changes we would like to see throughout the city. At this time, the Laconia Planning Department is continuing to gather information and ideas.

However,despite the best efforts of the city there are certain entrenched interests in Weirs Beach that, although limited in number, will stand in the way of any significant improvements and upgrades. In order for it to make financial sense for them to sell out they will want a lot of money. A new investor would have to speculate on the potential return on their substantial investment.

At this time it will be difficult to attract that type of investment with the limited duration of the season. The first enterprise that makes the Weirs Beach area into a year round destination will pave the way for the rest and make it possible for many new businesses to prosper.

That would be a good thing for all of us.

Last edited by TiltonBB; 01-15-2015 at 09:45 AM.
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote