View Single Post
Old 09-04-2014, 06:34 PM   #12
hwilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altonbayicefishingfool View Post
Went in a few weeks ago, coming up by boat. Hadn't been there in quite a few years.
Sat at the bar and looked at the menu, $14.95 for a burger... $13.95 for Mac and cheese.. REALLY!!??

Needless to say we drank and left.

Great new place just down the street ...awesome food!

We each had a drink, one beer and one mixed, $10. Mixed drink was totally watered down.

I will NEVER step foot in this place again..

Oh yah, took 2 bartenders over 5 minutes to acknowledge out presence.

Not impressed
Hello to all in the forum,
This is Hoke Wilson, head chef at Wolfes Tavern. I have met many of you since my arrival in March of 2011, and look forward to meeting many more.

We have solicited and benefited from your input during these past few years. We always value the opinions of forum members, even when they are less than complimentary. Frequently those are the most helpful posts.
I felt that it was about time for me to join the forum, in order to interact more directly with members. Please bear with me as I learn the ropes of posting on the forum.

I did want to address altonicefishingfool’s recent post. Just to clarify, we do not have a $14.95 hamburger on our menu. We have several meat options for our burger menu. We offer a half pound choice hamburger, with lettuce, tomato and onion, on a toasted brioche roll, with French fries and a house made pickle for $11.95. Another option is the all natural, 100% Maine raised, grass fed burger from Archer Angus Farm, in Chesterville Maine. This burger is presented in the same fashion for $13.95. This meat costs twice as much as our regular choice hamburger, but it was very important to us to have it on our menu, so we offer it for $2 more than our choice burger. In addition, we have our house made veggie burger, and house made salmon burger.

It was also mentioned that we charge $13.95 for Mac and Cheese. The only way that we sell Mac and Cheese as a meal is on our children’s menu. We offer house made Mac and Cheese, made with Vermont Cheddar. This comes with a choice of side and dessert for $7.95. We do have a Mac and Cheese Burger, which consists of a half pound burger, topped with house made Mac and Cheese, Applewood smoked bacon, grape tomatoes, red onion and baby arugula tossed with balsamic vinaigrette. This comes on the toasted brioche bun, with French fries and homemade pickle for $13.50.

With that said, I can understand your frustration. It is one that all of us in the business, and those not in the business, can share. It is no secret that food costs are always rising. However, we are experiencing a crisis in the beef business at the moment. The cost of ground beef has risen by 56% since 2010. Beef prices are currently at a historic high and rising. All restaurants are struggling with these rapidly escalating costs, and we continue to attempt to offer quality and value in a frustrating market.

If any of you have questions, comments or concerns regarding Wolfes Tavern, I do hope that you will contact me at hwilson@wolfestavern.com. This is the fastest way to contact me, as I am not always able to check the Forum as often as I would like. I look forward to receiving your guidance as we navigate this challenging landscape. Thank you.

Last edited by hwilson; 09-04-2014 at 06:36 PM. Reason: punctuation
hwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to hwilson For This Useful Post: