View Single Post
Old 08-12-2014, 06:40 PM   #97
Descant

Thanked 1,530 Times in 989 Posts
Default Later in the season...

We came last Friday afternoon-5:30pm. Whatever minor early season glitches were described above have been solved.
First concern was docking and waves. (30 foot boat) We tied up on the public dock perpendicular to shore about halfway in. A dock attendant met us and assisted with tie-up, but disappeared before we could tip him. Thank you. Very polite and helpful. We're off to a good start. The fenders and posts were in place, so putting out our own fenders was unnecessary. Convenient. The docking was far enough in the cove that there was not a lot of wake action. Perhaps there would be more on a weekend?
We were a group of 10 from elders to grandchildren, so we ate at the picnic tables on the shore. Perfect for us, and the kids could move around and not bother other diners. Food was great. Everything from Mac n cheese to lobster roll and ribs (a special that day). Waitress was very nice and helpful with stuff that would have been easily available inside, where she had to make some extra trips.
Query: My drink, a Salty Dog, had a sweet tinge to the salt on the glass rim. Is that possible?
I ask, in part, because I think it is great that management participates in this site and gives good feedback.

BZ!!
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote