View Single Post
Old 10-30-2005, 07:26 PM   #4
Island Girl

Default Saturday was perfect

I was on the island Friday and Saturday. The forecast for Saturday was rain, maybe snow and 15 mph NW wind... the direction that creates those big rolling waves.

Saturday was partly sunny, cool and calm. The lake was just gorgeous. The trees had a few brilliant waves of irridescent yellow against the brown and green of the others.

Walking on the trail between my friends' house and mine was very very peaceful and quiet. Once in a while a boat could be heard, but otherwise very still. The turkeys roamed by looking for food.

Just hanging out by the dock, we saw the Mount coming... very cool on this late October day. I will post pictures when I can...

The lake was 1.5 inches from the top of my dock and getting out of the boat down to the dock was unusual.

There was snow all across the Presidential range and others. The Ossipee's has little snow left, but the top of Gunstock had white trails. Fall is a wonderful season at the lake, with the pungent smell of a wood stove, fabulous tenderloin steaks on the grill and good friends. I just love this place.

IG

....... Make Lemonade
Island Girl is offline   Reply With Quote